Thursday, July 30, 2009

inside the mind of government

I’m not going to sit here and type a commentary about our US national government and pretend that I know enough to be criticizing. I’m not one of those people that can enjoy following certain issues and policies, so I’m not going to act like I do. However, my mind does work in a way that I am very interested about the physiological side of politics. I’m often amazed by the way people handle themselves when it comes to issues within our government. While writing my last post I started to realize how out of their mind and stubborn some people can be. Women like that are embarrassing, and yet very interesting. I also find it very refreshing that FINALLY people have let go of the whole race issue with our president. I can remember watching all the news leading up to the election, and people would not lay off the fact that he is African American. Then after Obama did win, some people thought it was the end of the world, I even remember reading comments from other politicians that thought it was a disaster, specifically because of his race. But recently, although there are still people who are bothered by it or his ‘fake birth certificate’, most of American seems to finally be focusing on the job he is doing and are putting their effort into caring about things that matter, instead of his race. Now that the race topic has died down I can’t help but have hope that the American people and our government both are broadening their viewpoints and starting to make the government more representational of the public.  I love this and think that it should have happened sooner.  After all our government is ran by the people, government officials are common people just like us, but just with a unique job. Keeping in mind that they are humans as well, hopefully the public can lay off the less petty things and pay more attention to how well they do their job- but does that mean we have to accept when they do things morally wrong? For instance when I read articles talking about 4 cases of republican infidelity, am I suppose to not let that bother me, if others are stopping their racial viewpoints from bothering them towards our president. What is the line that divides personal life, morals, and beliefs from politics and the job that needs to be done? I personally, as I’m sure you can tell from this blog, have not the slightest idea. But I do know that I find it interesting to watch all of the human interaction that happens within politics and with the American people’s reactions.

1 comment:

Shelley Duncan said...

When reading the blog posted by Meg, a classmate, I see that she is making her stance known about race and infidelity in our government. This blog shows that there are Americans who spend way too much time focusing on small petty stuff of the government official’s personal lives and not on the Government itself. Meg has stated that she hates the fact that some Americans are having a hard time getting over the fact that Mr. Obama is an African American. I know that there are people who are not “color blind” and who think that because of his skin color he will not lead this country very well. I understand her point of view and feel like no matter what the color of his skin Mr. Obama is our President and we should all respect him. If he fails, our country fails that is the problem we should be concentrating on how to get our country back on the right track. I wish there was a little more of a point about what people are saying and why it is wrong.
The other issue that Meg says people are focusing on is the infidelity of our government officials. I do believe that our leaders should realize that there are people of all ages who look up to them. Even if you are human and can make mistakes that there are some mistakes that make Americans questions your loyalty.
I think Meg did a good job on her post, a little more back up to what she is expressing and why would be a wonderful addition.